Friday 13 September 2013

Directions provided

I've been spending a lot of time lately in prayer, asking God to show me which way to begin. I trust He will guide my path, as His word is "A lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path," Psalm 119:105, but I at least need Him to set me on the right course.
The homeless often come up when I spend time seeking and listening to God. I have to be brutally honest here...I'm uncomfortable around homeless people. I'm not afraid of them and I certainly don't look down on them, but I never know what to say. I know - a genuine smile and a heartfelt moment of eye contact is best and probably enough, but I always struggle with words. God knows my heart and knows I feel awkward, so I do believe THAT is exactly where He wants me. I think if we are comfortable, then we don't seek God. However, when you're approaching that place, person, or situation that makes you so nervous you want to squeeze your tummy because it is doing cartwheels, then that is when we need God the most; that is when He shows up in great joy.
Last month, an amazing initiative, born from a vision, was launched in Southport. Southport 24/7 Prayer has united hundreds of Southport residents in prayer and across multiple denominations. From the 40+ days of this prayerful journey, three key groups have repeatedly been on the hearts of so many praying: the homeless, our young adults, and those with special needs. Knowing this, it is my hope to engage with and serve each of these groups, one step at a time. Before you can share the Good News with someone, you must be the Good News to someone.
Thank you Father God, for placing my feet upon solid ground. I commend this journey to You and pray You will accompany me and guide me on every step. Lead me and use me, as I remain humbly Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment